Friday, February 14, 2014

Announcements this Week with Another Snow Day.

Parents and Students,
I hope everyone had another safe and restful break. It is starting to look like this winter won’t ever stop messing with our plans up at the school. Here are a few updates for the coming weeks including changes to the schedule.
  • The band did a wonderful job on Monday during the Talladega County Showcase. Many of the directors were very complimentary of the improvements we have made. While we still do have a ways to go but I am very proud of what we have accomplished.
  • The weather over the past few week has now reached a level where our ability to perform for MPA is being jeopardized.  I have explained to the kids today but I have started to become worried about our ability to prepare for MPA, which is a week and a half away. This is to no fault of the students who have been working hard to prepare this music but the weather has managed to take away 9 vital rehearsals at this time, which makes preparing very difficult. As Director I do not plan on allowing the students to be put into a situation where I feel they are not prepared. That being said I am going to wait and see what progress we can make until Wednesday to make the call. I have explained to the band that sometimes life puts you in this kind of situation and it is up to how we respond that will determine what kind of band we are.
  • We will have school rehearsal as planned next week. Rehearsal will be on Monday 2/17, Tuesday 2/18, and Thursday 2/20 from 3:30-5:00pm. With the weather from last week these rehearsals will be vital.
  • M.P.A. is a week from next Wednesday 2/26. Chaperones are still needed for this trip.
  • All Chocolate money must be turned in 3/3. I encourage all those that have sold a complete box to turn money in as soon as possible.
  • Finally Congrats to Tapanga Grogan  who is currently participating in the Auburn University Honor Band!!!


I hope everyone has a good weekend and I will see most of you Monday for rehearsal.

Regards,

James M. Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment